Welcome to the all new Oxford Guide! Below you’ll find information and pictures about the places that are closely related to Radiohead and the Oxford music scene.
Before you start exploring, here are some important facts about Oxford:
- Locals hate students and the University, and used to kill them on a regular basis in the 16th century.
- The music scene in Oxford is one of the best in the world at the moment. Started by Ride, Oxford bands now include Radiohead, Supergrass, Hurricane #1, The Egg, and Thom’s younger brother’s band, The Unbelievable Truth.
- Football (soccer to Americans) is obsessive here as it is in other parts of Europe. See http://www.oufc.co.uk.
- Everyone seems to ride bikes, it is almost impossible to drive into the centre without killing one.
- Most importantly, don’t ever make the mistake of assuming people from Oxford are all upper-class snobs, you can’t be further from the truth. Oxford has one of the largest homeless populations outside London.
To use, zoom in to the map below and click on the bear heads.
View Radiohead’s Oxford in a larger map
Want this list to go? We have created a Foursquare list for you to use when you visit and want to check in! Head on over here to get started.
A lot of the info here is gathered from Select Magazine as well as from the following people: Steve Merritt, Steve from Max Management, Gary Norman, Cathy Fan, Jaime,Babs, and the people at Nightshift. Many thanks to them for their help! Also, I would like to thank Yasuko Otani for her pictures!